CBD Oil for Oral Health: Can It Help with Gum Disease?
August 23, 2020 by Post
When you fail to take routine care of your gums, teeth and mouth, there are chances that you will end developing gum disease. The first stage of gum disease is medically known as gingivitis, where gums start bleeding and sometimes, even hurt, which is usually, the second stage, known as periodontitis.
The best way to keep your gums healthy and happy is to brush and floss your teeth on a regular basis. Even so, we aren’t used to taking proper care of our oral health. Perhaps this is the reason why more than 40% of the adult population pays a visit to the dentist once in a month or two. While there are several medical procedures and medicines available to help you take care of your gums, CBD is one natural and potent way to do the same. In fact, many people suffering from gum disease have reportedly felt relieved in their pain, bleeding and bad breath of the gums. How CBD oil can do that, we will find out in a jiffy!
What is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol, popularly known as CBD, is a naturally-occurring compound found in the cannabis family. It is one of the 104 compounds that are a part of the cannabis sativa plant. However, it is specially known for not containing any or almost nil quantity of THC—another cannabis compound responsible for getting you high or stoned. Thus, CBD is a non-psychoactive substance. The best thing about this product is that CBD has proven therapeutic abilities. For instance, it has helped people from across the globe in dealing with their anxiety, depression, inflammation, and chronic pains, amongst many other health conditions. While research is still in its infancy to prove its potential as a natural medical treatment, there are several anecdotes that are affirmative in nature. In the same way, CBD oil is being considered as a great alternative to help you keep your oral health in place.
CBD and Oral health
One should know that prescribing medicine should still be your number one pick, when it comes to seriously taking care of your gums. However, using CBD as a supplement in the beginning will make you realize why it is an option worth-going after. Even scientists have approved the CBD has many properties that can bring improvement in your oral health, such as-
- It is anti-bacterial in nature
- It also has analgesic or pain-relieving characteristics
- It is antiseptic in nature
- It is anti-inflammatory as well
Thus, there are several dental conditions where CBD oil comes in handy. Some of them are listed below-
- Tooth decay – The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD makes it a good aid for minor tooth decay. It can also reverse the damage in some cases.
- Tooth ache –It’s anti-inflammatory and pain-killing characteristics again help in relieving people from any kind of toothache. The best part is that it is a natural healer. Thus, no side effects.
- Swollen gums – Due to bad dental hygiene, many people develop bacteria in their gums which leads to their swelling. This can also result in bleeding and ache, if not treated within time. Swollen gums can also be a result of inflammation, and this is where CBD can help in making them healthy again.
- Tooth sensitivity – A swollen nerve often leads to sensitivity in tooth or gums. CBD has the ability to create a cover or a shield on the sensitive tooth or gum, in order to protect it from hurting or being exposed to the damage.
How to apply CBD oil in gums?
The application of CBD oil depends on the oral area that you have a problem in. Even so, here are some suggestions on how to apply CBD oil in your gums.
- If you want you can directly buy a CBD toothpaste, or simply add a few drops of CBD oil in your toothpaste before brushing your teeth.
- If you suffer from toothache, then directly apply the oil on the region where it hurts the most. That would bring you instant relief as well. The same can be done in case of swollen gums.
- Another way of consuming the oil is by adding a few drops in your tea or coffee and gargling the same in your mouth, especially close to the area where your problem is.
- If you had a dental surgery, then you can simply add a few drops of the oil on a gauze pad and put the same in the space left after the surgery. The pad will help in reducing the pain since CBD is an analgesic.
Conclusion: Can CBD Help Oral Health?
CBD oil is the quickest way to relieve your gums from pain, bleeding and swelling. Also, it is a natural product that is easily available in the market. You must also know that there are no side-effects of consuming CBD. However, you might have to decide on the dosage of the oil yourself. You can start with the minimum dosage and stop when you feel you have reached your ideal dosage. In any case, CBD is absolutely safe to consume and there hasn’t been a single case of CBD overdose. All you have to do is make sure that you are buying your CBD oil from a reputable company and you will be good to try this magical compound!
CBD Oil for Oral Health: Can It Help with Gum Disease? August 23, 2020 by Post When you fail to take routine care of your gums, teeth and mouth, there are chances that you will end developing
Hemp Oil Derived CBD Toothpaste – Fight gum disease, tooth decay and bad breath with this simple DIY toothpaste.
Fight gum disease, tooth decay and bad breath with this simple DIY toothpaste.
When we think of a clean and healthy mouth, admittedly, our thoughts probably do not jump right to hemp oil. However, one of the newest and most exciting uses of Hemp oil/ CBD is changing how we approach dental care.
Even though dental care and Hemp oil may seem a strange combination, here are a few points of consideration:
- Full spectrum hemp oil is an anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti fungal agent. As well, the cannabinoids in hemp oil also act as a bone stimulant, which means it not only prevents the variables that can cause cavities and decay, but it can also assist in helping to repair damaged teeth and bone structure.
- Destruction of the jawbone in periodontitis is related to specific mediators causing inflammation and resorption of bone. New research in animal studies has shown that CBD will decrease this inflammation and prevent destruction of the jawbone that is part of the progression of periodontitis. It is possible that supplemental hemp oil based cannabinoids could improve healing of teeth, gum and bones by reducing these damaging effects caused by advanced gum disease .
These findings are creating new possibilities for those who not only want a great cleaning agent for their teeth but who also want to treat or prevent periodontal disease.
Try it out for yourself with a simple Do It Yourself homemade hemp oil toothpaste.
To make a great toothpaste we are going to combine several powerhouse ingredients:
Organic Baking Soda
Organic Coconut Oil
Green Flower Botanical’s – Full Spectrum Hemp Oil
The benefits of brushing with baking soda have long been known. As well, most of us have heard of the miraculous power of oil pulling with coconut oil to heal teeth and gums. The addition of cannabinoids from full spectrum hemp oil, combined with baking soda and coconut oil make this toothpaste a dental powerhouse for your medicine cabinet.
Here at Green Flower Botanicals our mission is to help people take control of their health by creating personalized medicine. Why use regular toothpaste when you can create a personalized toothpaste that helps you treat and advance your specific dental health needs. This is a great recipe that you can use as a starting point and add or take away ingredients to make the perfect formula for your situation.
To get started you will need the following ingredients:
3 Tbsp. Organic Baking Soda
3 Tbsp. of coconut oil
1/2 – 1 Tsp. of peppermint oil drops depending on preference
GFB Full Spectrum Hemp Oil
2 Tsp. of glycerin
Small amount of stevia or Xylitol
- Take 3 Tbsp of coconut oil and put in a small glass jar or cup.
- Liquify the coconut oil by placing on a window sill in direct sunlight or place the glass jar in a bowl of warm water.
- Once the coconut oil is liquified, add 2 tsp of glycerin and 1/2 – 1 tsp of pure peppermint oil.
- Determine the potency of CBD you want in your toothpaste. If you use a 1/4 tsp serving each time you brush you will have approximately 60 servings. We used 1.5 ml (30 drops) of Green Flower Botanicals 750mg Full Spectrum Hemp Oil which will give you approximately 1.25 mg of CBD per brushing. You can use more or less depending upon preference and the severity of the condition of your dental health. Keep in mind, if you want more CBD’s you can always create a simple mouthwash using distilled water, CBD oil drops and peppermint oil to go along with your toothpaste.
- Add CBD oil to the coconut oil, glycerin and peppermint oil and stir well to mix.
- Add 3 Tbsp of baking soda and mix well
- Add a pinch of stevia or xylitol for sweetness.
- Taste and add peppermint or sweetener to get the right blend of minty and sweet.
- Place toothpaste in a sealable container (we prefer glass). (Amazon sells refillable tubes if you want a tube for your toothpaste)
- Brush your teeth and enjoy!
More and more people are choosing to make their own toothpaste as opposed to store brands. It has been speculated that mixtures like this are in fact more effective and better suited for maintaining healthy teeth than most major brand toothpaste.
Hemp Oil Derived CBD Toothpaste – Fight gum disease, tooth decay and bad breath with this simple DIY toothpaste. Fight gum disease, tooth decay and bad breath with this simple DIY